An alluring, flavourful and rich desert made with rose petals, cooked in sugar syrup and garnished with nuts, Rose Halwa or Gulkand halwa is a sweetish that must be tried. Rose petals are aromatic and have an incredible flavour that can be spicy, sweet or even tarty depending on the colour. Normally, red and pink roses are used for garnish on desserts and cakes to enhance the aroma and add beauty. Rose not only symbolises love, but has medical properties too.
What You Need:
How To Make It:
1. Peel and grate the beetroot. Keep it aside.
2. In a heavy-bottom pan, heat some and fry the nuts. Set this aside.
3. Add some more ghee to the same pan. Add the grated beets and stir-fry until all the moisture is absorbed.
4. Next, add the milk. Keep the pan covered and cook on low flame stirring once a while. Do this until the beets are fully cooked.
5. At this stage, add the gulkand. Then add the condensed milk, and fried nuts and continue cooking for 5 more minutes.
6. When the halwa thickens slight, switch off flame.
7. Serve hot or cold. Or, try serving the warm halwa with a dollop of your favourite ice cream.