Popularly known as Godhumai halwa, Wheat halwa is a delicious sweet made with whole wheat. This sweet is made at home and can be bought in the shops as well. And surprisingly, both have a unique taste. While the one made at home tastes of fresh wheat and ghee, the ones bought from shops have a unique flavour of their own too. No additional flavour is added to this halwa to preserve the flavour of whole wheat flour. This is an easy dish to make and can be made at anytime when the heart craves for something sweet.
What You Need:
How To Make It
1. First, knead the wheat flour into a smooth dough adding ½ cup water or as much as required.
2. Next soak the dough in water for approximately 3 to 4 hours.
3. After that, squeeze the dough well. Add water to the dough, mix well to extract wheat milk.
4. Next, strain the above preparation to remove any residue and transfer the the milk mixture to large kadaai.
5. Keep stirring the wheat flour milk for 10-15 minutes, till the milk reaches a porridge consistency.
6. At this stage, add sugar and ghee. Combine well until the sugar is completely dissolved.
7. When the ghee has been completely absorbed by the wheat mixture, add another tablespoon of ghee and continue stirring over medium heat.
8. Repeat this process for 5-6 times or until ghee starts releasing from the mixture
9. Once the ghee separates, add chopped cashews and a pinch of food colour.
10. Mix well to make sure everything is combined well.
11. Switch off the stove and then add cardamom powder and mix well.
12. Grease a plate with ghee. Transfer the mixture onto the greased plate and cut into squares.
13. Finally, serve halwa or transfer it to an airtight container.